Public International Law under pressure - crises, responses and the future role of International Law
This year's programme will focus on the role of international law in times of global catastrophes.
- What is the legal framework provided by international law and how can it contribute to preventing, mitigating and solving the arising problems?
- What is the role international institutions, human rights and general principles of international law can or should play in dealing with worldwide humanitarian challenges?
These questions will be addressed regarding the following subjects:
- COVID 19: The Global Pandemic as Challenge for the World Health System
- International Law as Legal Directive During Natural Disasters
- Climate Change and Forced Migration: Protecting Climate Refugees under International Law
* Please note that the schedule information has been cautiously arranged. However changes may require a revision of the draft programme.