July 19th - 23rd, 2021
Public International Law under pressure - crises, responses and the future role of International Law
This year’s MACIL summer programme as part of the MISU will examine the causes of crises in international law and their possible solutions. In view of current developments, seminars are going to address various issues regarding shortcomings and inherent problems of international law and its future role in the face of global challenges, inter alia:*
- The prohibition of the use of force – What is left of the fundamental principle?
- Between rise and decline: Where do the ICC and International Criminal Law currently stand?
- Current challenges for international arbitration law as traditional form of dispute settlement
- Are free-trade-agreements threatening the world trade order?
- The question of accountability regarding new actors on the international level
- Climate Change and robot warfare as challenges of the 21st century for international law
(* Please note that the information has been cautiously arranged. However, unpredictable changes may require a revision of the draft programme.)