Coping with Natural Disasters, Climate Change and Pandemics: The Role of International Law
July 19th - 23rd, 2021
This year's programme will focus on the role of international law in times of global catastrophes.
- What is the legal framework provided by international law and how can it contribute to preventing, mitigating and solving the arising problems?
- What is the role international institutions, human rights and general principles of international law can or should play in dealing with worldwide humanitarian challenges?
These questions will be addressed regarding the following subjects:
- COVID 19: The Global Pandemic as Challenge for the World Health System
- The Role of International Law when Responding to Disasters
- Climate Change and Forced Migration: Protecting Climate Refugees under International Law